David Daleiden, the man behind the Center for Medical Progress sting videos, has been indicted under the law banning the sale of human body parts. Planned Parenthood, however, was not indicted. The Thomas More Society will continue supporting David Daleiden. If convicted, Daleiden will spend 20 years in prison and have to pay a fine of $10,000. The Governor of Texas, Greg Abbott, announced that the failure of the Grand Jury will not stop the investigation into Planned Parenthood in Texas.
The Grand Jury failed in its mission for the following reasons:
1. While it is true that Daleiden offered to buy the parts of unborn children, Planned Parenthood was the seller. Planned Parenthood was thus the criminal; Daleiden was a whistle blower.
2. Planned Parenthood admitted to illegally performing partial birth abortions in order to obtain the best parts. Daleiden had no part in this.
3. Planned Parenthood admitted to making a profit off of the sale of the parts. Daleiden never made such a profit, meaning that he is clear under the fact that there must be a profit in the sale in order to be guilty of the misdemeanor.
4. Daleiden was charged with tampering with government records, which he never did. Both his company and his organization were properly filed and, though his company was a facade, that is not against the law.
5. There are clear indications that Planned Parenthood is killing children after birth in order to more easily and effectively harvest their organs.
However, recent questions regarding a conflict of interest have come into play, as the prosecutor was potentially a member of the Planned Parenthood board.